Business Visa – Features and Requirements
A. Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (Subclass 188)
This visa is for people who want to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia, or to invest in Australia.
Requirements: You might be able to get this visa if you are nominated by a state or territory government or Australian agency and are invited to apply by the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.
B.Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (Subclass 888)
This visa allows you to:
- continue to own and manage a business in Australia (the Business Innovation stream)
- continue business and investment activity in Australia (the Investor stream, the Significant Investor stream and the Premium Investor stream).
Requirements: You might be able to get this visa if you are nominated by a state or territory or the Australian government and:
- hold a provisional Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188);
- have met the requirements of that visa in the stream in which you first applied
- hold a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or a Business (Long stay) visa (subclass 457IE) and have met the requirements of the business innovation stream.
The Significant Investor (SIV)
The Significant Investor Visa (SIV) is a stream within the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (Subclass 188) visa and the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (Subclass 888) visa. This is a 4-year provisional visa for people willing to make a AUD5 million investment in Australia.
Requirements: Significant Investor Visa holders are required to invest AUD5 million into complying investments for a minimum of four years before being eligible to apply for a permanent visa.